My word for 2021 has been abundance. Getting into an abundant mindset has been challenging with past obstacles that we have faced. I share more in the blog post ‘If Money was a Person‘ where I share my current relationship with money. What we found that was keeping me in a lack mentality was limiting beliefs. A limiting belief is something you believe to be true about yourself, about others, or about the world that limits you in some way and in my case it was from having an abundant mindset. Here are some limiting beliefs that have been holding me back from having an abundant mindset:
- It is hard to hold onto money.
- Money only comes from hard work.
- I can only earn more when I put in more hours at work.
- It is hard to have multiple sources of income coming in, other than from my job.
- I will probably just fail anyway.
- I am unable to manifest abundance.
I am sure that just by reading the above, you already feel drained. Being in a cycle of worry and focusing on such beliefs can paralyse a person into not going after their goals and dreams. How did I change this mindset?
These are the steps I took to shift my thoughts to an abundance mindset:
- Firstly, I acknowledged the thoughts and feelings that came worth it.
- Then I replaced it with something positive thoughts instead. Example: It’s hard to have multiple sources of income coming in, other than from my job. Replace that with Money can multitask and I can earn money from different sources of income.
- Focusing on gratitude has also shifted my mindset.
Now that I am able to identify and replace limiting beliefs, my next focus has been on finding balance on the feminine side of the yin yang. You can read more about this in my blog post ‘Money is Energy.’
To sum this all up, money is energy and what we focus on or put out into the universe will come back to us. I now practice gratitude, focus on having enough instead of lacking and I am starting to break my dreams into goals that are achievable. An abundant life is possible and thanks to The Noble Pursuit, I am well on my way to fulfilling my word for 2021.
For inspiration, please visit The Noble Pursuit’s Instagram page and subscribe to the YouTube channel. You can also contact Linda van der Westhuizen directly by sending her an email to email@example.com.