Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you’ll get to where God wants you to be. – Joel Osteen
The beginning of a new year signifies a new start with renewed energy after the holidays. While December was a time of reflection, January is a time of planning and setting new goals for the year ahead. Whilst I don’t do new years resolutions, I definitely have my own goals set out for 2018.
Flashback to 2017:
Before I discuss my goals for 2018 I would like to talk about 2017. As I mentioned in my previous post Nothing could have prepared me for this day my father passed away on the 6th November 2016. It was a very difficult time for me and 2017 was the first full year without my dad. As I am the only child between my parents and the three of us were really close, you can imagine what an adjustment it was for me to accept that there was now only two left of the three musketeers (I named us this, because we were so close.)
Do you remember when you were a 20 Year old? You were no longer a teenager, but you weren’t an adult either as you were not 21 yet? So you were in between these two ages and had no idea what you were really. Well, this is how I felt in 2017. When you experience such a loss it changes you, but it also reminds you that life is short. It may sound clichéd, but it is true.
So for me 2017 was a year of growth, adjustment and appreciation for the life that we live. I also learned a few lessons along the way:
- To stop trying to fit in and be proud of who I am.
- To speak out and not remain quiet about anything I may not like or disagree with.
- To say NO instead of yes to everything and to please others.
- To surround myself with people who fulfill and make a positive impact in my life.
- To go after my goals and dreams.
Why did I choose blogging?
I have always loved reading and expressing myself through words. I wanted a platform that I could use to express myself freely and openly about anything. Starting a blog is something I wanted to do from 2016 and last year was the best time to start it. I also love how blogging keeps you on your toes, and pushes you out of your comfort zone to go out there and try new things.
What about my website ?
Starting my own brand is something I have always wanted to do. My Blog Diary of a Whimsical Girl was the first step and my website was the second. There is so much more I am planning to add to my website over time.
My goals for 2018:
I have decided not to be over ambitious with a long goal list, but rather have ones that are doable and not overwhelming.
- As a blogger I will continue to work hard on my blog and learn more about blogging as the year progresses.
- There are other pursuits that I am working on outside of blogging, that I wish to give my all and make the best of the exexperience.
- I would like to start a new project during the year that I have always wanted to pursue. This will really pull me out of my comfort zone, but it’s definitely worth the risk.
- Even though I do parkrun regularly, I would like to find another form of exercise to do as well. Something that I will enjoy and that will help with my weight loss, and to build muscle too. I am not aiming for a size zero, but to be comfortable, relatively fit and happy with my body.
- Most importantly I just want to be happy. Happy from the heart and with every aspect of my life. Living my life according to my rules and no one else’s.
I want 2018 to be the first of the best years of my life. – Taryn Victor
With all that said I would like to wish you all the best for 2018. May it be a year filled with love, happiness, success and may you achieve all you set out to do this year!
Love from your Whimsical Girl